You can now embed YouTube videos in Book Creator, without having to save them to your Photo Library.
Here's how to do it.
1. In the YouTube app, find the video you want to embed. Tap on the Share button beneath the video.
2. Tap More and then you should see the Book Creator icon listed. Tap on this and you'll get a message saying Sent to Book Creator.
3. In Book Creator, tap the + button, then choose the Shared tab at the bottom of the menu. You should now see a Web Embed link in the list of items that have been shared to Book Creator.
4. Tap on this item and it will open up a new popover box. You can edit the title and tap Done to add it to the page.
5. The video will appear on the page and you can resize it and place it as you wish. The difference between this kind of video and a video that you've uploaded or recorded in Book Creator is that an embedded video won't play directly on the page.
6. In read mode, when you tap to play the video, it will appear on top of the page and play there - you'll need a WiFi connection for the video to play (as it is streaming from YouTube).
Using the iframe code
You can embed videos from other sources, such as Vimeo or from videos in Safari if you can get the embed code. This is usually an <iframe> that you can copy and paste into Book Creator using the Web Embed option. Press the + button, then choose More, then tap on Web Embed. Paste the iframe code in here and you can embed the video onto the page.
If you can't get the embed code, try pasting the URL of the video - in most cases this will be enough for it to work!