Adding sound effects to accompany the story, or perhaps some narration to your book can really bring it to life.
There are two ways to add audio to your book, you can either record your own from within Book Creator, or import sound from your tablet or cloud services.
To record audio:
1. Touch the + icon
2. Choose ‘Sound’ from the menu
3. When you are ready to start recording, touch the red record button
4. Record your narration and then when you are done touch the black stop button.
Your audio will be inserted into the book and appear as a speaker icon:
You can listen to your recording by touching the speaker icon.
Note that the maximum recording duration is 10 minutes and recording will stop automatically after this time, or if you leave the app.
To insert a sound from your tablet:
1. Choose the + icon from the menu
2. Choose Sound from the menu
3. Tap the Import Sound menu item
This will display a list of all the places on your tablet that you can import audio from.
A note about file formats
Book Creator can only import sounds that are in the mpeg4 format, these usually have the file extension .m4a
If you have sounds that are in other formats such as mp3 then you can convert them to m4a using other apps such as The File Converter.
or using a desktop audio program such as Audacity.