There are a few cases when you'll want to export your book as a PDF:
- You want to print your book
- You want to create a flipbook of your book for the web
- You want to email it or share it with someone who doesn't have an iPad to view the book
Book Creator does a good job of exporting your ePub book to a PDF file, and the image resolution stays high.
BUT, you must be aware that any multimedia elements such as audio or video will not be preserved if you export to PDF.
How to do it
- Navigate to your book in the My Books screen. Tap the Export icon, to the right of the i.
- Choose Export as PDF.
- Choose how you want to export - email, send to a printer, send to your iTunes library, or open in another app.
A note about Side by side pages
Book Creator gives you the option to export the PDF in two ways. You can either have the pages appear one after the other, scrolling downwards (like a normal PDF layout), or you can choose to have the pages appear side by side, more similar to a book layout.
The screenshot below shows my iBooks library with both a standard PDF and a side by side PDF layout.
From the blog: