As part of the series on Publishing your books on the iBooks Store, this article looks at what you'll need to consider if you want to sell your books for a price.
Things to note about a Paid Books Account
- You can't change from a Free Books account to a Paid Books Account.
- In order to receive payment for your books, you'll need to submit your banking and US tax details.
- You no longer need an ISBN to sell books (as was previously the case).
- Apple works with a number of approved aggregators who can format, submit and market your book for you (for a price).
- Apple take a 30% cut of any sales you make the through the iBooks Store.
So how do I get a U.S. Tax ID?
Above: a screenshot from iTunes Connect