It all starts with the + button.
- Click + then choose Text.
- A text box will appear that you can type into.
- Click Done when finished.
Drag the text to position it. Use the blue handles to change the size of the text box, and the green handle to rotate the text.
- Double-click on the text box to edit the text.
- In the text box, you can also style individual words by highlighting them and clicking B (Bold), I (Italic) or U (Underline).
Adding hyperlinks to text
- When you have a text box open, highlight a word and click the link icon.
- Type the URL (or copy and paste it in).
- You can also link to a page - just type the page number.
- Note: Links only become active in Read mode (not when editing the book).
Formatting the text
- When a text box is selected, you can either right-click and choose Format, or click on the Inspector in the toolbar.
- There are many ways to format the text: size, font, alignment, colour - have a play!
Comic text styles
If you choose a comic book template, you'll see a set of pre-styled comic writing - for captions and impact text. You can even add speech and thought bubbles - double-click on them to add text inside.